Frequently asked questions
1. Do you need experience in the modeling industry to compete in SMC Search?
No you do not, as long as you bring confidence and a key interest to learn from Industry professionals.
2. What do the contestants get for competing in SMC Search?
The contestants will receive training and certification from Toronto Fashion Academy (www.torontofashionacademy.ca), mentoring and training with Industry professionals, along with building your portfolio’s, this experience will help your career as you will gain the knowledge and confidence while connecting with people within the high fashion modeling industry.
3. Where will the models stay during their 3 day competition?
The models will be provided with accommodation’s for the duration of the competition. Female & male models will not be boarding together.
4. Why is there a height &weight requirement?
The winner has to meet industry requirements, as he & she will be spending the year working as a high fashion model locally as well as internationally depending on their bookings.
5. Will training be provided?
Yes full training will be provided by Toronto Fashion Academy
6. What is required of me if I win SuperModel Canada Search (SMC Search)? What are my duties as a titleholder?
The winner will be required to be available for castings, fashion shows, photo-shoots, interviews, and attending events & fashion shows. The duration of one year from the date he & she will winthe title. YOU must be able to represent the organization with respect & dignity.
7. Is this a pageant or modeling competition?
It is a modeling competition with a pageant element in terms of character judgment. We are looking for models that are professionals and have a passion for growth and are keen to represent their country.
8. Can I still compete if I am represented by a modeling agency?
Yes but your current agency representation may ask you to break your contract or to become your mother agency.
9. How are the models selected to be in the top 30?
We will be holding casting calls for the selection of the top 30 in different major cities within Canada. These are free, you are just asked to attend once we interview you, we take these details and along with our judges select the top 30 men & top 30 women, who will then be asked to sign a contract to compete.
10. How will this help me in my modeling career?
This will not only kick start your modeling career but also help you launch and be noticed nation wide, along with providing you with professional contacts as well as networking. Our goal is for you to have the right portfolio to move forward into a successful career.
11. Is their a cost attached to being part of this competition?
Just like all competitions their is a cost attached to it but we have reduced all costs and charge the contestants that come to Toronto approximately $900.00. This covers 3 days of Hotel, Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), Transportation, Security/Supervision this is valued at $3,000.00.